7/17/2006

Okay, so I am totally inspired....

The postman arrived today with my box of books that I ordered from Angie Pederson. Inside was The Book of Me, The Book of Us and Growing Up Me. Now, I haven't had time to go over them in detail yet, but I have thumbed through them a bit....and let me tell you, even at first glance it's obvious that these books are worth every penny and more! I only wish I had purchased The Book of Me years ago (after all it's been in publication since 2002). For a long time, creating a book of me, or at least starting to scrapbook about myself more than I do now (which is almost never), has been on my 'to-do' list. Quite honestly though, I didn't know where to start - so that's why I never did. Now I have no excuse. Angie's book lays it all out for me and offers tons of journaling prompts, photo and memorabilia suggestions and lots of quotes and illustrations to inspire and direct me in creating a lasting legacy for my children. The Book of Us (A Guide to Scrapbooking About Relationships) ---- well this looks fabulous too! The art is stunning! Inside are lots of mini-book suggestions and theme books that celebrate relationships as well as ways to incorporate meaningful journaling into your family albums. If you struggle with the idea of journaling emotionally than this book is for you. Again, Angie has included prompts to get you started and lots of other suggestions for honouring the special people and relationships in your lives. In the third book in the box, Growing Up Me (A Guide to Scrapbooking Childhood Stories), Angie encourages and offers suggestions for scrapbooking with children. This one will get a lot of wear and tear in my house. I have a daughter who loves to sit and craft with me while I scrapbook. Now she might be a bit young just yet, but I can see that I will use the tips in this book to eventually encourage her to start her own scrapbook. If she continues to be as interested in paper crafting as she appears to be now, I can certainly see that her book will forever be a work in progress. The prompts and page suggestions are timeless and I envision a child using them again and again in their album. It will be interesting to see how things change and how her thoughts and feelings evolve over time. So basically, what I'm saying is if you don't own these books already - get them! You can order them direct from Angie's website and they are absolutely fabulous! (When you get to the site, the link to the books is at the bottom of the left menu bar - but browse around a bit, there's lots of great information there!) Thanks Angie for publishing such a great series - you have inspired me beyond imagination and I can't wait to get started! ------ Technorati Tags: