1/25/2008

Make It Count

My furnace is fixed! (actually replaced) And it's finally warm in here now. Yay! Yesterday though, I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I bit the bullet and brought some 'limited' supplies upstairs to play with. I hate to do that actually because it spreads the mess around, but I really wanted to play with this new stamp set. For eons, I have been looking for a great clock stamp, for no real reason except I guess I like clocks. My dream image would have roman numerals, the hands as separate images (so the time was up to me), and numerals separate from the frame of the clock - so I could easily stamp them in different colours. Well I've found it (almost)! "Make it Count" from CTMH. The only thing it didn't have was the frame and roman numerals separately, but I figured I could marker stamp, or paper piece to get around that. As a bonus though, the set also contained a smaller clock face with standard numbers, on which the face and numbers were distinct, and there are a couple of great sentiments with the set also. All-in-all this set was only a slight compromise from my original dream. But....oh how I wish I could figure out how to take a decent picture! At the end of it all, I was so pleased with how this card came together, and yet no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to capture it well on film. (Any photo tips for me?) I used basic colours and lots of layering on this one (a lot more layering for sure than I normally do). The clock faces and even the hands (on the roman clock) are cut out and popped out with foam. The bag is a double pocket bag that I saw on Splitcoast (see tutorial here and project gallery here.) The bag is way easy to put together. This bag and card set are for my child's teacher at school, and I will place a gift certificate for the teacher's store and some other small goodies in the bag also. Inside the card will be a Thank-You {for making it count} kind of comment. That's it for now....have a great day!