6/26/2008

{Photo-A-Day} Day 11

Today's word was BRIGHT.

I have to admit that I struggled with this one a bit, because not much in my house is bright, I'm a more muted hue kind of person. I thought about heading outside to the garden but decided that I've done that a couple of times already this week so wanted to try something different. Just when I was about to give up (and head outside), I spied the kids' container of play dough. I started fiddling with and arranging the containers and bingo -- this photo was born.
There were a couple of others that I liked too, and I had a hard time choosing. I liked them all for different reasons. The first one (above) I liked because it was so random -- just a big, unorganized pile of colour. The only thing I didn't like was the top right corner, and the fact that you could see the table. It is just a reminder though that I must pay closer attention to what is at the very edge of the frame.
These two were my other favourites.
I have to say, I am having way more fun with this photo-a-day challenge than I would have ever imagined. I am learning sooooo much. I always knew that if I was to improve my photography and learn more about my camera, that I would need to practice - and this challenge has made me make time to do just that.