5/21/2009

Signs of Spring

On a happier note, I wanted to share with you these pics of a 'friend' that came to visit me the other day. Imagine my surprise when I walked out the door to find this little gal (at least I think it's a female) in my porch hanging planter. She was so young, that she didn't even know to be afraid of me I guess, and I watched her for a good 10 minutes or so. I even had time to get the camera, and then the kids so that they could see her too. They thought it was pretty cool indeed.
At one point, the mother bird came around the corner to feed her, but the fact that we were all there scared her off. She then waited patiently nearby until her baby got up the courage to finally take flight. Not an experienced flyer yet, she had some trouble, but did manage to go about 20 feet to land atop the neighbours SUV.