6/19/2009

Father's Day

So I'm a little late (as usual) getting crafty for Sunday's celebrations, but I thought I'd share what is the first of four cards that need to be made.

I have to admit that this did NOT start out any way that it ended up and I think that's part of the reason it took so long. When I initially sat down to create, I intended to use a more traditional masculine stamp set -- but this set (Alfresco by CTMH) was nearby and was calling my name. I have probably owned this set for more than 6 months, and it had never seen ink believe it or not, until now!

I was a little hesitant to use it at first since the centre of the medallion was a small flower and not very masucline, but I decided quickly that covering it was my answer - so I used a small blue nail head. When I inserted it it slipped a bit and so the edges of the flower are still visible on the one side, but it wasn't a big enough boo-boo to warrant doing it again so I left it.

I hope that I you'll agree that it looks masucline enough for Father's Day. I'm still not 100% convinced, but it will have to do. I find it really tricky some times to make cards for men.
Here's the full view.

Now I just need to get busy making the rest of them. Wish me luck.