8/28/2009

All Wrapped & Ready

Those of you that follow me on Twitter know that I received a package in the mail yesterday that I've been waiting for for a bit now. I can't say out loud here exactly what was in the box since it is a gift for someone that might read this before I hand it over, but suffice it to say when she does get it, she's gonna love it!

And...since I am try to take advantage of every possible opportunity to get crafty, I set to work designing some custom packaging. How fun is that?
I surfed the net for a while, and found lots of way cute packaging ideas but unfortunately, none of the items I came across were suitable to hold the item in question (but I did bookmark them for future reference of course!). So instead, I had to go totally custom on this one. I kept it simple - and built a 2 piece box that fit the 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" item perfectly.
The papers and embellies I used on this one are all CTMH - and the ribbon is my absolute favourite element (I've been hoarding it for a while now). It says "share live laugh love give create". I thought it very suitable for the occassion. The plaid paper is from the "Aspen" collection - also one of my faves.
Here's a couple of more pics for you.

The item wrapped up inside (Sorry the tissue is crinkly - it was all I had).

Close up of the matching notecard that I slipped in the box. (I sure wish I could figure out how to properly photograph items so they show their true dimension. This card has foam square popping out the scallopped panel, and more under the star.) The heart, scalloped pane and star are from CTMH Thoughtful Seasons.

I just can't wait to hand the package over - I'll have to try to make that plan for sometime this weekend!
Until next time.