7/07/2006

So I'm taking the plunge....

and finally entering the world of blogging. Not sure if I'll enjoy it - or for how long I'll continue, but I'm willing to give it a shot, and find out. To tell the truth, I don't really need another project. My life is pretty crazy already, but what the heck....you only live once right? Now...I don't really know where to start....what do people say on these things? I suppose I could start with a brief introduction....that might work. I am a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom of 2 great kids - James (almost 6) and Melanie (4). I have 2 home businesses....one is computer related - web design and graphics, and the other is 'scramping' related. I am a scrapbooking/stamping instructor and a consultant with CTMH. The latter is of course the job I would love to devote 100% of my time to because it's the most fun....but unfortunately we can't always have everything we want. Through my CTMH business, I have been able to further explore my own creativity and at the same time meet plenty of others who share the same interest. It really is a pleasure to introduce people to the world of scrapbooking and other paper crafts. To see the look of accomplishment and pride as they create their first layout. And then, as they seek to learn more, I am encouraged to learn more - so that I may bring it to them. My main areas of interest are scrapbooking and stamping (of course!)....basically if you can make it with paper, I'll give it a try. I have scrapbooked for about 10 years I would guess, but only began stamping about 2 years ago -- and wow, what it's opened up a whole new world of creativity for me. I am actually really excited right now since for the first time ever my work is being published! What an honour. (Look for me in the August/September issue of Paper Trends magazine!) A rather new hobby of mine - which again is an extension of the others is photograhy. I just purchased my first ever digital SLR camera - and wow....I am absolutely blown away! I have never taken so many pictures in such a short time! I hope to take a photography course this Fall - something that's always been on the 'list of things to do' and with any luck I'll actually get somewhat good at it. About the only thing that frustrates me now when I'm scrapping is the lack of 'quality' snaps. I am also extremely devoted to researching my family history. I guess it's really an extension of my scrapbooking habit more than anything, but I honestly believe that knowing where you came from can teach you a lot about who you are -- and of course, by documenting it, you will leave a legacy behind you when you go. So while I can't guarantee how long this blog will last --- it will be here for a while anyway. Enjoy!