1/10/2008

3rd Day in a Row.....On a Roll

Well, here I am......three blog posts, in three straight days. What's gotten into me?
Today I thought I'd share a card that I made a while back (in October actually) but never posted. It was based on a challenge sketch in Stampers Sampler, and as soon as I saw it, I just knew I had to create. (Stampers Sampler is a great stamping mag by the way. If you've never checked it out, it's high on my must read list. They publish 6 times a year and although a bit pricier than some of the other serials you may be used to buying, it's definately worth it.)
I created this for my aunt and uncle to commemorate their 40th wedding anniversary - but this card, and the design in general is generic enough that it could be used for other occasions also. I used a set call Memory Labels (by CTMH) - which I think is really fun. I 'bent' the word "Celebrate" so that it wrapped around the semi-circle; something that is definately only doable with stamps of the 'unmounted' variety, and I got to use one of those really cool spiral 'S' clips that I've had in my stash forever.
You know.....looking at this one again makes me want to make more of them. (use some different papers, colours and stamps of course, but the same basic design.) Hmmmm.....I sense a creative session coming on.