2/04/2008

These are the Days....

Since my hubby had his poker buddies in Friday night -- I had no choice but to hide in the basement and scramp. Do understand though, that under the circumstances, hiding in the basement was perfectly fine with me. This is what I managed to pull together. It's probably pretty tough to see the title in this photo, but it goes like this..."These are the Days of Love, Blessings AND Togetherness". The photos are from my step-sisters wedding last August (she was married on a riverboat), and although Red and Green are NOT her wedding colours, I couldn't resist using this paper because it just seemed to fit with my photos. The 3x3 photo on the bottom right of the layout is not the best shot, but it was particularly important to me to include it in the album. It is a pic of my Stepdad and Mom dancing. You see, my Stepdad suffered a severe stroke several years ago and is now paralyzed on his right side. As you can imagine, it was particularly difficult for him to get up and dance at his daughter's wedding -- and especially important for me to capture the moment on film. Some of the title words are stamped on stick stock -- something I found when tidying up my scramp area. It's a self-adhesive twill-type fabric and it's lots of fun to play with. I fringed the edges on a the pieces on the right page, just to add a little bit more texture. Don't you just love finding things that you forgot you had and than actually using them on a layout? Oh...and that's not all I found! Keep your eyes on my blog for some candy later this week. I'll definately be pulling a package or two together. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I have some duplicate stamps, and extra accessories that need a new home. Now, I'm off to the post office to pick up a package (hopefully it's the stamps I ordered from Gina K Designs). And then I'll be returning to finish the loot bags for my daughters birthday party tomorrow night.