2/08/2008

Friday Update

Wow! This week simply flew by! I was tied up with 'real life' for the past couple of days so unfortunately didn't have time to update, but I thought I would take a quick moment now to do just that. A while back I posted a sneak peak to a page I was working on, and promised to post the completed layout when it was done. Here it is. (It's actually been in this state for a while now, but I was contemplating adding some photo clips and additional embies to the second page. I still might do this -- do you think I need to?) The photo on the top right of page 2 flips up to reveal my journalling -- I made the flip up book with a cut down photo storage page. The words on the front of it are stamped in glue and then chalked. This was a bit tricky, but I love how it turned out. The words are on the front of the flip-up, not on the photo itself. Here is a closup of the left-page title. This took a while to pull together but I am totally pleased with the result. Don't you just love it when you have a vision and things come together exactly as you had planned? Here is the link to my sneak peak if you want to take an even closer look at some of the title detail. Now, I'm still planning on getting some blog candy ready --- and I promise, that you'll see it here soon (probably Monday). And.....I'm sure that I'll post some more projects over the weekend too. After all, lucky me, my wonderful husband and son have left for the weekend and it's just me and Mel here for 2 days. Mel loves to create just as much as I do, so I'm sure it won't take much to convince her to spend a few hours (or more) getting all inked up. Happy Friday everyone!