3/14/2008

Birthdays.....

Birthdays are probably my least favourite event to scrapbook. There, I said it. No matter how many times I sit down to scrapbook birthday pics I am stumped -- and this is not a new phenomenon. If I look through the bunches of pictures waiting to hit the album, there is definately a common theme -- Birthdays. You see, I would much rather scrap other "non-occasions" for a few reasons. 1. Typically at birthday parties, there is no common colour scheme upon which to base my layout. Short of requesting that guests wear something specific or requesting that everyone use similarly coloured gift wrap and packaging (both of which I am not willing to do), there is little uniformity. 2. Birthday party photos are typically very 'busy'. There is lots of distractions in the photos - some of which can be cropped out, but not all. 3. There are only so many ways that one can say Celebrate! or Party! or Happy Birthday! in a page title -- in my mind anyway. Even when I do manage to get a layout pulled together, coming up with a title is always tricky. 4. At parties, you tend to take A LOT of pictures. Of course not all of them are keepers, but there is certainly a lot to choose from when sitting down to create a layout. Sometimes this is advantageous, but a times it can also be overwhelming. 5. There are just so darn many of them. Kids parties, Family parties, Friends parties, Friends Kids' parties......the list goes on an on. One of my goals for 2008, is to try to scrapbook some of these older party photos that are sitting around, especially for my kids. After all, at this stage of the game, these are some of their most memorable milestones. Without actually going to my albums to check, I think right now I have only managed to scrapbook 2 of my kids' parties - although it could be 3....that would be 2 or 3 of a combined total of about 13 events (my son is 7 and my daughter 6). Somewhere in my mass of photos, there should be pictures of all of these. So if you have any ideas for layouts and/or titles, please do pass them along. Wish me luck!