7/17/2008

A Couple More Pages for the Album

Playing with some Freebie kits and templates, I managed to make 2 more layouts for the year-in-review album I'm working on. I'm super excited to report also that one of them even has my son on it!! I have to admit that I'm having some trouble working with his pictures. Most of the freebie digi-kits I've found have some really great embellishments for girls (lots of flowers, ribbons, bows etc.), but I haven't seen a whole lot yet for boys. So, If you have any suggestions for me --- shout 'em out. This one is using paper and elements from the giant (and I mean GIANT) collaborative "Mango Tango kit by the designers at Sunshine Studio. If you want to grab this awesome kit, pop on over to the Sunshine Blog and follow the links - there are 24 of them! I have yet to get all the pieces, but since I've had a chance to play with some of them, I will be definately getting the rest, and soon! The layout is credited to Bree Clarkson. It's another freebie, and you can grab it here. Here's the other one. The layout template was a freebie included in the Mango Tango collaborative. The patterned papers are all from 'Give Freely' by Jan Crowley that I picked up as a freebie last week. Unfortunately, it's no longer a free file, but you can snap it up at oscraps for just $2. I know this one is simple, but like I said, I'm just glad to finally have done a 'boy' page!