7/18/2008

Crop For A Cause - October 4, 2008

DETAILS HAVE ALL BEEN FIRMED UP -- SEE THIS POST. We're still ironing out some of the details, but I'm happy to finally be able to announce the charity crop event that my sister and I have been planning. The goal is simple.....to raise funds and awareness for Titian Ministries International, a not-for-profit registered charity founded by Sharon Titian, of Hamilton. Titian Ministries operates a Mission Farm in Ghana, Africa that among other things provides vocational and life skill training to your women, provides a home for orphaned children, and operates a soup kitchen for the elderly. With Titian Ministries receiving ALL proceeds from the event, participants can feel good about coming together to ‘Crop For A Cause’. October 4, 2008 is the big day, and I am really looking forward to it. I planned a similar charity event in 2006 and it was a huge success, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can do it again. We've got a lot planned --- there will be a layout contest, door prizes, a quarter auction and MOST importantly, ample crop space and dedicated scrapping time! What more do you need right? I'll post more details when I have them, but for now I can tell you that registration is $40, and the crop will take place at the Salvation Army Meadowlands (187 Stonechurch Rd.) in Ancaster, ON. If you're interested in attending - send me a note, and I'll let you know how to register! If you can't attend, but you'd like to support our event, we're also looking for door prize, and auction item donations to help make the day a success. If you are intersted in donating -- email me, and we'll sort out the details! This is going to be great!