7/18/2008

Rock The Cover

Remember a couple of days ago, I mentioned the Rock the Cover Challenge on the You Know You Rock Blog? Well I finally grabbed a few minutes -- and completed it.
My album inspiration was: "All That We Needed" by the Plain White T's. and here's my card (all stamps Close To My Heart)
I think it's pretty obvious that the colour and the torn yellow panel was my inspiration for this, but I'm the first to admit that it has a totally different 'feel' than the album cover - but oh well, I suppose that's okay too.

This was a fun challenge, making me remember that inspiration to create can (and should) be found in the everyday. I can't wait until next month to see what kind of challenge the gals at 'You Know You Rock' will come up with.

If you haven't already done so, you still have time to participate in July's challenge too since voting doesn't begin until August 6th -- what are you waiting for? Go! Get creating! Do be sure to pop over to the blog, check out their gallery and vote for your favourite even if you don't manage to make an entry for yourself.


Have a great weekend!