8/07/2008

Playing Catch Up

Wow! Just a week ago I was talking to my mom about how summer was only half over and how there was loads of time to be doing whatever we needed to be doing to enjoy ourselves --- today though, I have a very different outlook. Now that we are one week into August, it feels like time is slipping away and it feels more like Summer is just about ready to come to an end. Oh what a difference a week makes. Anyhow. I've been absent from the blogosphere for the last couple of weeks....and it feels really weird. I actually haven't even had time to blog surf, never mind write. Yikes! I hope things slow down soon. So here's the quick scoop on what's been going on.

  1. Plans for the crop October 4th are really starting to fall into place. Our list of event sponsors is growing by the day and things are really coming together.
  2. Voting at the You Kow You Rock Blog has commenced. The list of entries in their first ever challenge is huge and there's a lot of talent in this group for sure. It's really neat to see not only what people are listening to, but how one can be inspired to create based on the everyday. Pop on over and cast your vote for your favourite Rock The Cover entry.
  3. I've been busy preparing my next 2 articles for Craft Critique -- the first will run next week (Friday I think) and is about Tombow Dual Brush Pens, and the second will run sometime later (I'm not sure exactly when) and that one is on Adirondack Alcohol Inks. I just love pulling these articles together, it gives me an excuse to play!!
  4. We spent the holiday weekend at the cottage, and the kids had a blast showing their grandparents around when they stopped in for a visit. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures at all, but I know that my Dad did -- so I'll have to be sure to get some copies made.
  5. I've done a couple more digital pages for my year-in-review book -- not near as many as I would have liked, but I've got a good start.
  6. The kids spent last week at hockey camp - and had loads of fun (as I knew they would). It's so strange having to get out the hockey gear at this time of year -- it just doesn't seem normal.

That's it for the highlights (for the time being anyhow). Hopefully I can figure out how to cram some recreational computer time in the next week or so. There is no doubt that that has been a difficult, if not impossible task lately.