10/14/2008

Happy {Canadian} Thanksgiving and Happy Tuesday to Everyone Else!

Well, I'm a bit late in posting my holiday wishes, but I couldn't resist trying to make the holiday weekend last just one more day. It's always soooo hard to get back into the swing of things after having an extra day off, but the good news is, it makes for a short week at the office. So put a smile on your face......the weekend is closer than you think!
Lucky for me, I actually got a fair bit of crafting time in this weekend too! All in between visits with family and lots and lots of food!
I can't post pics of them all, since there are a few loose ends to tie up on most of them, but I am proud to report that I created (3) double page scrapbook layouts - that's 6 whole pages (yay me!). Plus (6) standard size cards, (4) 3x3 cards, and (4) gift card holders. The cards and stuff are a gift for Christmas for a family member (shhhh!) -- and they're all packaged up in this little stationary box that I saw on splitcoast. If you'd like to try to make one for yourself, a printable tutorial can be found at here at Addicted to Stamping.
I did very little stamping - basically only card sentiments. The rest of the card elements are stickers that coordinate with the papers. All supplies are Close To My Heart - and the product is called Boom-Di-Ada. It's very fun!
The stationary box was a lot easier to put together than I had anticipated, and the whole project came together pretty quickly. I guess that's one of the benefits of using stickers instead of stamps. The downside is of course that in order to duplicate the cards I need to buy the stickers again......but, so long as I can get them, that's not a horrible thing I guess.
I had a lot of fun pulling this together, and honestly, I am soooo shocked that it's only October and I'm already able to cross 2 recipients off my gift-giving list. If I can keep up this pace, I'll be doing alright I think - and avoiding the December crunch.
Happy Tuesday!!!