3/23/2009

Now....It's Time!

It's been a long time coming, but I'm getting pretty excited that within the next month or two I will have a finished (and hopefully organized) craft/office space to work out of. My wonderful hubby has decided that there is no other way to do it than to to take a week off work and blast through the project. Now, it's not scheduled to happen for another month or so, but it's definately going to happen, so I'm pumped!

Now I have to make some decisions ---- for real this time. I've been planning my space in my mind for a while now (2+ years to be exact), but it seems a lot more daunting now that it's officially 'on the books'. You see, my space needs to accomodate not only my craftiness, but also my business (I work from home), and that's the tricky part. Luckily, the needs of my business are mostly computer based, so equipment-wise I don't need too much, but the trick will be keeping the crafty side of me organized so that I can work in the space full-time. I don't know about you, but I've had some difficulty in the past taming the crafty chaos.
I've decided on a colour scheme already so that's good. It was inspired believe it or not by a CTMH paper that was released in January -- from the Emporium Creative Basics collection. It's funny, I'm not usually a floral type gal, but this one jumped right out of the book at me and I could totally see using the colour combo in my space. I think I'll go with some variation of the blue on the walls -- also odd since I usually gravitate to the earthy browns and greens.
Next step is to decide on a layout and to start collecting the furnishings (from here there and everywhere) that will make the space work. Wish me luck!