4/16/2009

Note to Self: Write it Down!

Have you ever gone to add your journaling to a scrapbook page and couldn't remember the details? Well that where I'm at with this page.
I created this one a while back (sometime in the Fall I think), and I intended to journal on vellum and place it over the embossed rectangle on the right hand side. The story goes something like this.....A couple of years back my son came 2nd in the annual ice fishing derby in Wilberforce, ON (thus my title, "not quite first"). And, lucky for him, he won a fist full of money. For the life of me though, I can't remember how much. I wanted to explain that he was disappointed initially when they handed him the envelope (in past years he got to pick a prize from the table), but that once he figured out there was money inside he was thrilled. I wanted to tell the story of what he bought with his winning, but I can't remember. He doesn't remember either since after all, he was only 6 years old at the time.
So what have I learned from this? That's easy. WRITE IT DOWN! I've always heard scrapbookers talk about having a journal, and recording the details of an event shortly after it happened so that it will be easier to recall later, but I never really 'got on board' with this idea. This project proves however that I must. The details are slipping away far too easily.
As a side note, I also want to share a close-up of the snowflake and tags on the left hand page. I just love how this turned out! The snowflake is a Cuttlebug die and the tags were bare chipboard by CTMH that I inked to match the paper.
So as you read this....send good vibes my way that the journaling can finally leave the pen and be set to paper - sooner rather than later. I so want to get this page in the album where it belongs.