9/13/2009

Nifty Office Decor Design

Good Day Everyone, I hope you're having a fantabulous weekend (I know I am)! Here's a little peak at a project I've been working on. It's a month-at-a-glance 3 dimensional desktop calendar! Isn't it cute?
Somewhere online I saw a pattern for this really neat spherical ball made from paper (Sorry, can't remember where). When I realized that the ball had 12 sides, I thought it would make a perfect calendar project, so I set to work making a 2010 calendar for my desktop!
I took the original pattern and created a digital cutter file to make it easier for me to cut the base pieces. Using this method, cutting the 12 pieces takes me about 10 minutes total - so much quicker and more precise than cutting each one individually.
Each month is decorated differently, and I used up mostly scraps I had on hand from the CTMH Emporium Paper Pack, My Stickease, and Emporium Creative Basics Collection. There are a bunch of embellies, brads, ribbons, clips etc., and while it looks tricky, it was actually really easy to put together once I had each of the calendars designed. Working on a such a small canvas, and a pentagonal one at that was a bit of a challenge for me intially, but once I got going I think I did ok.
Now, I just can't wait for my office to be painted and all set up so that I can put this on display!