7/22/2006

Me and Mom's New Camera

Here's a layout I put together based on two sketches in the book "Cherish SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS MADE BEAUTIFULLY SIMPLE" by Jeanette R. Lynton. At one time this book was available exclusively through Close To My Heart consultants, but has recently become available at online retailers such as chapters.indigo.ca and walmart.com in the US. If you like to work with sketches, then I highly recommend this book to you. Inside there are sketches with complete cutting and assembly instructions for 50 2-page layouts - giving you a total of 100 single page designs. (Click on photo to view larger image) This layout is based on 2 of the designs in the book. Using the concept "Interesting Variation" (Cherish p.54) I created my first page - but rotated the concept to fit my verticle 5x7 photo. My second page was based on the "Unified Whole" concept (Cherish p.68) - again rotated to visually align the pages and suit my photos. By using the book this way - that is rotating pages and combining elements from more than one sketch into a new layout - the book becomes even more useful. I am so happy by the way that my daughter will cooperate with me and my new photography obsession - she absolutely loves to have her pic taken! She's pretty photogenic too don't ya think? Just so ya know....she got a haircut shortly after we took these....I had no idea it was THAT straggly until I saw it in print!