11/08/2006

Boosting Your Creative Confidence

I'm not sure how it happened exactly - but somehow I followed a series of links on the world wide web, and stumbled across the "aezine life artist newsletter" (Volume One, Issue 5 to be exact). It wasn't immediately clear to me, but I once I got to the bottom of the page, I realized that what I was reading was written by none other than Ali Edwards, author of A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking and A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking with Patterned Paper, and Creative Editor of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Now I've been a reader of Ali's blog for some time now, but this ezine was new to me - I see now that there is a link to the ezine on her blog, which I must never have noticed before. So....why am I telling you this? Well, that's simple. Ali's article "Creative Confidence. Do You Have It?" is a must read. As an instructor, I hear the phrase "I'm not creative!" all the time, and even experienced crafters will suffer from a creative block from time to time. What Ali has done in her article is put these feelings into perspective and has offered her readers some great advice on how to overcome the obstacles to your creativity. Everyone is or can be creative - you just have to 'decide' that you are.