7/06/2008

More Digital Fun

I gotta say that I think I'm definately starting to get the hang of this stuff now ~ and it's way more fun than I thought it would be that's for sure. Now, don't get me wrong, my first love is still the traditional paper-based method, but I can see myself making a bit more time for digi-work too. I think that I'll plan on getting a couple of digital photo-books printed for some of the family this year. It'll be a kind of year-in-review I think. So here's what I've been working on. For both of these I stepped outside of my comfort zone a bit and actually designed the layouts from scratch. No lifting, and no templates. It was fun!

This one was really neat, since I followed Jessica Sprague's instructions for fading a photo into the background (something that is more difficult, although not impossible to do with paper). I even figured out how to change the colour of the alphabet that was included with the kit to pink! A way cool trick indeed!

Credits: All paper & elements from the Express Yourself Digital Kit by Ronna Penner (a freebie I picked up at www.shabbyprincess.com, the journalling font is CK Ali's Writing at Creating Keepsakes.

And the next one......

The paper and the flowers came from another freebie kit (gotta love freebies!) appropriately called 'Give Freely' by Jan Crowley - you can download it here. And the star, flourish and wrapped string elements are from Kristin Aagard's 'Pieces of Him' that I purchased from Plain Digital Wrapper. The font is Schindler Small Caps for the journalling, and Impact for the Victoria Day title.

I hope that it's okay that I combine elements from more than one kit and post my pages -- I'm so new to the digital realm that I'm not sure if that's a no-no or not. If it is, speak up and let me know. I certainly don't want to be offending anyone.

Now, I need to do some layouts of my son to balance things out a bit!

Smiles!