7/02/2008

{Photo-A-Day} Day 16

The word for Day 16 (yesterday) was LOVE. But.....I just couldn't resist switching things up a bit. You see, Day 15 was July 1 which is of course Canada Day and I thought it prudent to try to capture some of the Canada Day festivites on film. It just so happens that in the June issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine, there is an awesome article about shooting fireworks. It is excpetionally easy to understand, and I followed it to the letter (even taking my tripod to the park). Suffice it to say, that I was NOT disappointed with the results. While it's true, it took me a few tries to get it right, I had never played with the Bulb Exposure setting on my camera before, and it was surprisingly easy. Here is my best shot (in my opinion anyway). I think you can really 'see' the movement.

So because I changed things up a bit to fit this photo into my challenge, I will photograph LOVE on Friday. The gals in the group have posted some really neat shots with that theme already so I'll really have to put my thinking cap on to come up with a good one. Wish me luck.

If you'd like to see more of my firework photos, I've uploaded them to my gallery at Flickr. Check them out!