7/01/2008

Template Tuesday - Happy Canada Day!

****Thanks to Jules520 who pointed out that I had an incorrect link in this post. The link for the box top (pdf format)is now corrected. Sorry about that.****

As a tribute to Canada Day, I opted to go for a red & white project today (albeit a simple one). Kathi, over at Kathi's Corner was looking for a cupcake box the other day, and I quickly whipped up a box template and sent it her way. The box she needed was 3 1/2x 3 1/2. When I was prepping this for her though, I thought that it might be handy to create a pattern for a 2 1/2x 2 1/2 version that I could cut on my machine. The larger one as I designed it would not fit on one cutter mat, it was too wide - but I'm going to work on an alternative. This smaller version though would make handy little boxes to hold paperclips, candies, post-its or pretty much anything small enough to fit. You could even use them as favour boxes at a shower and such. When I was designing, I thought that the addition of a scalloped lid would make the box much more interesting, and then at the last minute, I decided to cut the hole in the top, and used clear film to make a window. The photo is kind of crummy, I apologize.

If you'd like to try this yourself, here's where you can download the files.

Here they are in .FS file format (for use with Xyron Wishblade Create & Cut Software)

2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Box 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Scalloped Lid (which you can cut with or without the window on top)

Here they are in .PDF file format (for use with Adobe Reader).

2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Box 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Scalloped Lid

(it might be a bit tricky to cut the scalloped window by hand, but it's certainly doable if you have a little patience and a sharp pair of scissors)

Have fun with these templates, and if you decide to make some of them up, please do share your creations. Send me an email and let me know -- or post a comment to this thread with a link to your blog or gallery. I'd love to see them!